Online photography courses are perfect for those who want to learn how to make money with photography (so need to improve their photography skills), but who don’t yet have much self-confidence.
Why do online photography courses?
- Some online photography courses are free or not very expensive – Discover the best photography courses on Udemy!
- There are many short online photography courses covering only specific parts of photography. Do only the online photography courses that interest you or that will be most beneficial to you.
- Convenience: it is often possible to start online photography courses whenever you want to or when it most suits you.
- Doing online photography courses can help you learn how to make money with photography or how to improve your photography skills (needed to make more money from your photography), but you don’t need to be around too many other people or any other people at all while you do these online photography courses.
- Online photography courses are also perfect for photographers who are planning to make money with photography working only from their computers. They are likely already spending much time at their computers, so they are already familiar with being right there anyway. Photographers who do online photography courses can avoid having to physically go to photography lessons or photography workshops. Photographers can save a little time, save on transport costs, and can learn photography in the comfort of their own home.
How to Make Money With Photography Using Just Your Computer
First have many good photographs stored on your computer, or do some online photography courses to improve your photography skills – Discover the best photography courses on Udemy! – then go out and take many new good photographs (or even take them at home) and then store them on your computer or external or both.
- Sell your photos on a stock photo site or two or three.
- Start your own stock photo site selling only your own photos.
- Enter many good photos in many online photography competitions.
- Add your photos to sites like RedBubble, Zazzle, Cafe Press and Threadless where the sites sell photo products like framed prints, greeting cards, tshirts, cushion covers, mugs etc, and you earn a commission.
- Create your own online photography course, using your own photos as good photo examples.
- Write and sell photography ebooks, using your own good photos in the ebooks.
- Start a photography blog, write about many photography tips and tricks. Work hard at getting lots of traffic to your blog. Monetise your blog with ads, or with details of how to order your photography ebooks.
- Improve traffic to your blog (a blog on any topic) by including your own good photos in your blog posts and by learning a little SEO so you can put good keywords into the image alt tags and descriptions of the photos. If you get good search results for your images on search engines like Google, and your photo looks better than the other photos around it, it’s more likely to get clicked.
- Product photography for yourself – take really stunning photographs of something else you’re making money from or are trying to make money from. Display these stunning photographs on your site or wherever you advertise your services or products. If your prices are similar to your competitors, but photos of your services or products are better …
- If you are good at photo editing, or have done some digital photography courses or photo editing courses to improve your digital photography or photo editing skills, offer photo editing services on your site. Use your own before and after photos as examples.
- Product photography for others – have businesses or individuals drop off their small products that they need photographed for their brochures or websites. Take photos of the products and let the businesses or individuals know when to come and collect their DVD and products – or charge a collecting and delivery fee and go collect the products and return them later, along with the DVD of photos.
How to make money with photography? Learn photography or improve your photography skills by doing short online photography courses and then make money with photography in many different ways! Discover the best photography courses on Udemy!
© Copyright Teresa Schultz 2015