Doing short courses online has many benefits. Online education has many benefits, one being able to study from home, but doing short courses online has it’s own set of benefits.
Remembering that online education has many benefits you could add to the following list of the benefits of doing short courses online, let’s get to the list:
Benefits of Doing Short Courses Online
Two of the greatest benefits of doing short courses online are saving time and saving money. Start learning on Udemy today! Save time and save money, doing short courses online, in the following ways:
- Learn just the specific part of something that interests you or that you need to learn, instead of also having to learn other things included in a longer, more involved, and perhaps more expensive course.
- Due to the shorter time and often lesser expense of learning just a particular part of something, have more time and money over for doing other short courses online too – this gives one the opportunity to learn many things! Start learning on Udemy today!
- Save time and money when it comes to university and career choice decisions – if you’re unsure that you’re going to cope well with or enjoy certain career choices (and the university studies for those career choices) that you’re thinking of making, perhaps do a few short courses online – to see how you cope with those topics or to see if you really do enjoy those topics.
- You don’t need to spend too much time or money on staying up to date with everything related to your existing particular field of knowledge or work.
- Save time and money when needing to increase or improve the education of your employees.
- Many people who can’t find work or who need to find something to do from home for extra income, but who need to improve their knowledge before they can, cannot usually afford to spend a lot of time or money on going to classes or on doing long courses online. People can become quite desperate to increase their income or to start working from home, and may become frustrated and depressed when they realize they need to spend a lot of time reading, learning or practicing before they can start. Doing short courses online may help them reach their goals more quickly.
- Those same people who cannot find work or who need to earn an extra income from home may be thinking of using their computer to earn an extra income, or may be thinking of making money online (both good choices for those who have a computer and access to the Internet, and who need to work from home or need to earn an extra income without any start up costs). These people may need to increase their computer knowledge or knowledge of the Internet and methods to make money online, before they make a start at it.
- Bloggers who have already written on many topics may need to refresh or increase their knowledge of certain topics, in order to be able to write more on those topics. They don’t want to spend ages on studying; they want to learn quickly, and get on with writing new posts for their blog.
- Many short courses online offer completion certificates. These certificates can look good mentioned in a CV or attached to a CV, especially for those youngsters fresh out of high school with no university degree, who need to find a job quite urgently. There may not be enough time to spend time doing long courses before they need to start applying for jobs.
- Those university students already studying for a degree related to the study materials of some short courses online can do those short courses online to help them better understand the topic, which may help them with their efforts of trying to obtain a better mark in their exams. Because the courses are short and online, it may be possible to do some short courses online at the same time as being at university.
- Parents don’t have to spend too much time and money on learning more about what their child wishes to study, what their child is studying, or what their child does for a living.
- Doing short courses online is a quick and inexpensive way of generally increasing one’s knowledge on a wide variety of topics – which can help one actually have something to say when others in one’s company are discussing those topics.
- Listing various online courses (that one has completed) on one’s freelance site profile page or on one’s website may increase one’s chances of getting hired for one’s services.
- Avoid becoming lazy or getting into the habit of not studying or working during a gap year after matric, ahead of looking for a job or studying further.
There are certainly many benefits to online education, and particularly so for short courses online! Start learning on Udemy today!
© Copyright Teresa Schultz 2015